These Terms & Conditions form the basis of a contract between you
and Eastern & Allied Pty Ltd (“E&A” or “us” or “we” or “our”),
trading as “Hai Ha Money Transfer”, “Remox” and “First Eastern FX”,
and apply to your use of the Services.
Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully and ensure that you
understand them fully before using the Services. Please note that if
you do not accept these Terms & Conditions, you will not be able
to use our Services.
By using the Services, you agree and accept all the Terms &
Conditions. The Terms & Conditions are provided to you in English.
You agree that by using any of the Services, this constitutes your
acceptance of the Terms & Conditions.
Unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions shall
have the respective meanings set out against them.
Account Details – means your registration information with E&A.
Affiliate – means a business that provides remittance services and
currency exchange services to customers as part of a remittance
network operated by E&A as the remittance network and currency
Receiver (Beneficiary) – means the individual or entity receiving
Delivery Method – means method of delivery such as bank credit, cash
pickup or delivery.
E&A or “us” or “we” or “our” – means Eastern & Allied Pty
Ltd, trading as “Hai Ha Money Transfer”, “Remox” and “First Eastern
Exchange Rate – means the foreign exchange rate for the Send Amount
or exchange currency.
- Payout Amount – means the amount received by Receiver.
- Payment Method – means details of the method of payment.
- Send Amount – means the amount of money to be sent.
Customer – means the individual or entity sending/exchanging the
Service Fees – means fee for providing the Service including the
Sending Fees and any Surcharges.
- Service Providers – means E&A’s service providers.
Services – means the processing of inbound or outbound money
transfer or remittance services or currency exchange via E&A’s
branches, via Affiliates and its online platform known as “SWIFT by
Hai Ha Money Transfer”.
Terms & Conditions – means all the terms and conditions
Total Amount – means the total of the Send Amount and the Service
- Transaction Amount – means the sending or receiving amount.
Transaction Request – means the access, use, or attempt to use the
Services to make or provide any money transfer or remittance or
A. Your rights and obligations
As a user of the Services, you will not access, use, or attempt to
use the Services to make or provide any Transaction Request unless
you are at least 18 years old and residing or travelling in
Australia, and you warrant that you have the legal capacity to form
a legally binding contract in Australia.
For each Transaction Request that you submit, you will pay us the
relevant Service Fee in addition to the Transaction Amount. Payment
of the Service Fee is required at the time that you submit your
Transaction Request. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the
Service Fee is non-refundable unless explicitly stated in these
Terms & Conditions.
If you submit a Transaction Request that results in E&A becoming
liable for charges, including but not limited to a credit card
chargeback or other similar fee, you agree to reimburse us for all
We will apply a fee for processing credit card payments and other
You will not use any device, software or routine to interfere or
attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services or any
Transaction Request being processed through the Services.
In connection with any Transaction Request and your use of the
Services, you will:
provide us with true, accurate, current and complete information
about your identity, and
provide us with any identification and supporting documents as may
be requested by us;
- provide us with details of your Payment Method;
provide us with true, accurate, current and complete information
as is required to use the Services and any other information which
may be required in relation to the Receiver; and
provide us with any other information that we consider must be
provided for a Transaction Request to be properly executed, as
specified when you enter or provide the details of the Transaction
provide an email address that you are the owner of and have access
to. If you wish to update your email address you can request by
When you are using the Services, it is your responsibility to make
sure all the details are accurate before submitting a Transaction
Request. Once a Transaction Request has been submitted, it is not
normally possible to change any details of that Transaction Request.
You will be given the opportunity to confirm the Transaction Request
before submission and you must check the details carefully.
The details of the Transaction Request will be displayed on the
receipt or websites, and you will be asked to confirm this. The
details will include the details of the Customer, Receiver, Delivery
Method, Send Amount, Receiving Currency, Service Fees, Total Amount
and Exchange Rate, if any. By paying the Total Amount you agree that
the details of the Transaction Request provided are true, complete
and accurate. Proceeding with the Transaction Request at this point
is entirely optional.
If you believe your submitted Transaction Request has not been
properly executed by E&A, you must contact E&A through the
channels listed at the end of these Terms & Conditions within 1
month to report your dispute. All disputes must be reported within 1
month from the day of the transaction.
When you pay a Send Amount in one currency and the Payout Amount is
in another currency, there may be a difference between the exchange
rate at which we buy foreign currency and the Exchange Rate provided
to you. E&A usually makes a small profit in these circumstances.
We guarantee you that we transfer the full Payout Amount in local
currency however we cannot guarantee that the Payout Amount received
in the Receiver’s bank account is the full Payout Amount as E&A
will have no responsibility for any fees or charges or deductions
incurred on the Payout Amount by any intermediary, correspondent or
receiver bank. If a Receiver’s account is denominated in a currency
other than the currency you instructed us to make payment in, there
may be delays, additional charges and/or the Payout Amount may be
different to the Payout Amount in the Transaction Request. The
Customer is therefore responsible for ensuring that the currency
requested for the transaction matches the currency of the account
where the funds are to be delivered.
You will only use the Services to send money to people that you know
personally or directly and not to send money to people who you do
not know or on behalf of other people. You acknowledge that E&A
may refuse to process your Transaction Request where we believe you
are using the Services to send money to people you do not know, on
behalf of another person unless authorised and approved to do so, or
where we believe that the Services are being used, by you or the
Receiver, in connection with fraudulent, illegal or unethical
If you choose to pay for goods and services using the Services, you
acknowledge that E&A has no control over, and is not responsible
for, the quality, safety, legality, or delivery of such goods or
services and that any such use of the Services is entirely at your
Both you and the Receiver will only act on your own behalf. You may
not submit a Transaction Request or receive a transaction on behalf
of a third person without our prior approval. If you wish to submit
a Transaction Request or receive a Payout Amount as a Receiver on
behalf of a third party, you must first inform E&A of your
desire to do so and provide us with any additional information and
documentation about the third-party that we may request for us to
decide whether to proceed with the Transaction Request.
In using the Services, you will comply with these Terms &
Conditions and any applicable laws, rules or regulations. It is a
breach of these Terms & Conditions to use the Services to
initiate Transaction Requests:
to a Customer or Receiver who has violated these Terms &
in connection with what we consider to be fraudulent, illegal or
unethical activity including but not limited to money laundering
or terrorism financing.
If E&A reasonably believes you are using the Services in
connection with any of these or other with fraudulent, illegal or
unethical activities, or are permitting a third-party to do so,
E&A may cancel the transaction, cease to deal with you as a
customer and report you to the appropriate authorities.
When using the Services at our websites, our branches or the
branches of our Affiliates or when interacting with E&A, you
breach these Terms & Conditions, or any other agreement
between you and E&A;
provide false, inaccurate, or misleading information in regards to
your identity as the customer or the Receiver;
allow anyone else access to or to use in any way your Account
Details with E&A and you will keep those Account Details safe
refuse to provide clarification or confirmation of any information
you provide to us, including proof of identity, proof of source of
wealth, or refuse to cooperate in any compliance review or
investigation we may conduct;
create more than one online account without our prior written
- use an anonymising proxy to our websites;
copy or monitor our websites using any robot, spider or other
automatic device or manual process; or
use our services to provide remittance services to others without
a contractual arrangement as an Affiliate or a partner, and the
necessary registrations with the relevant authorities.
You acknowledge that nothing in these Terms & Conditions or in
any other information provided by E&A as part of the Services is
intended to be, nor should it be construed to be, legal or other
advice. If required, you agree to consult your own professional
advisers as to the effects of laws that may apply to the Services or
your use of them.
You consent to the disclosure of your personal information by
E&A to our electronic identity verification providers, and the
use by these organisations of your information for the purposes of
electronic verification of your identity as outlined in the
Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006
(“AML/CTF Act”). This may include using a credit reporting agency
and disclosing your full name, residential address and date of
birth, for the provider to provide an assessment of whether the
information you have provided matches, in whole or in part,
information contained in a credit information file they possess.
B. Our rights and obligations
- Registration for the Services does not entitle you to make any Transaction Request that you wish to make. We may refuse a Transaction Request at any time and for any reason. Where we permit a Transaction Request, we may still suspend or cancel the Transaction Request or the Services under these Terms & Conditions. E&A reserves the right not to disclose the reason to refuse or cancel a Transaction Request at our discretion.
Here are some examples of when that may occur.
- We will, in our absolute discretion, refuse or cancel a Transaction Request where we offer or display the incorrect fee or exchange rate (significantly higher/lower than the correct fee or exchange rate at a particular point in time) at our branches or on the websites due to internal or external reasons or errors that we do not expect or cannot control.
- We may, in our absolute discretion, refuse or cancel a Transaction Request where we believe that the Services are being used, whether by you or the Receiver, when there is a suspicion of illegal, fraudulent or unethical activities.
- We may, in our absolute discretion, refuse or cancel a Transaction Request or terminate business relationship with you where we believe that the Services are being used, whether by you or the Receiver, to provide remittance services to others without a contractual arrangement as an Affiliate and the necessary registrations with the relevant authorities.
- We may in our absolute discretion, refuse or cancel a Transaction Request based on Customers or Beneficiaries, including but not limited to entities and individuals on restricted or prohibited watch lists issued from time to time by any government authorities, if we are required to do so by law, or where we have reason to believe processing the Transaction Requests would violate any local laws and regulations.
- We may refuse to process a Transaction Request funded by any Payment Methods where we have reason to believe that the Payment Method has been compromised or where we suspect the unauthorised or fraudulent use of the Payment Method.
- We may in our absolute discretion, refuse or cancel a Transaction Request if we believe you are using the Services to purchase goods or services from unknown/suspicious third parties or in any way related to a suspicious purpose.
We may in our absolute discretion, refuse or cancel a Transaction Request if:
- we are unable to verify your identity;
- you do not present valid identification documents upon request (including to collect a remittance or currency exchange transaction)
- we are unable to verify the identity of the Receiver if required;
- you do not comply with information, information confirmation and/or document requests;
- you make a payment for the Transaction Request from a bank account or card that does not belong to you,
- we believe that you are using our online platforms to speculate on the Exchange Rate; or
- we believe you are using the Services, or you are allowing it to be used, in breach of these Terms & Conditions or any applicable laws, rules or regulations.
- Where we have refused or cancelled a Transaction Request we may also, at our discretion, temporarily or permanently suspend your registration associated with your Account Details (“Registration”). Where we temporarily or permanently suspend your Registration, or refuse or cancel a Transaction Request, E&A is entitled to deduct any reasonable cancellation fee, cost or expense incurred by E&A (“Cancellation Fee”) before making any refund.
- E&A will have no responsibility for any fees or charges you may incur using a particular Payment Method to fund a Transaction Request. These may include but not limited to unauthorised overdraft fees imposed by banks if there are insufficient funds in your bank account or "cash advance" fees and additional interest which may be imposed by credit card providers if they treat use of the Services as a cash transaction rather than a purchase transaction.
In most cases, the length of time required for the receiver to receive the payout amount ranges from 1-3 business days since the date we receive the full payment from you. However, this length might vary due to different factors and we do not hold any liability for any reasons that are beyond our control, which include but are not limited to:
- Bank or public holidays;
- Technical problems from our partners;
- Natural disasters; or
- Labour issues or strikes.
- We will send the full Payout Amount as outlined in the invoice and do not accept any liability for any potential charges, losses to you or any third party resulting as a result of fees charged by any intermediary (correspondent) banks or by the receiver bank. Such separated charges are not within our control and are not reflected on our invoice.
- We do not accept any liability for any potential losses to you or any third party resulting from a non-payment or a delay in payment of the intended receiving amount (“Payout Amount”) to the Receiver or failure to perform a Transaction Request under the Services if you are in breach of your obligations listed earlier.
- In order to comply with our obligations under relevant laws, E&A reserves the right to request further information or evidence including but not limited to the purpose of a transaction, source of wealth to fund the transaction and the relationship between the Customer and the Receiver.
- We warrant that the Services will be provided with due care and skill and in accordance with the Transaction Request. Our sole obligation in the event that we fail to comply with is warranty is, at our option, to perform the Services again or to refund the Service Fee. Except to the extent implied by law, we accept no other liability in relation to the supply of the Services.
- We will provide an Exchange Rate quote that is only valid at that point in time. The Exchange Rate quote varies from time to time during the day depending on movements in the market rates. We cannot confirm the exchange rate quote over the phone or via email unless we have received the full payment.
- We may apply different Exchange Rates for different customers at different branches and websites in response to different operational costs, promotions and competition.
We require payments to be made within the following timeframes for the following services
We have the right to cancel any Transaction Request where the payment is not made within the timeframe outlined above.
- For all payment methods, payments must be made within 24 hours from the Transaction Request.
- For POLi and debit/credit card payments, payments must be made immediately at the time of the Transaction Request.
- For PayID payments, payments must be made within 1 hour of the time of the Transaction Request.
We have a best-rate guarantee policy for currency exchange to match or beat a competitor’s overall price and may apply this policy when the following conditions are met:
- There is a physical store.
- The store offers the better Exchange Rate quote at the same time.
- The store has the requested currency or pay out cash availability at the same time for the same amount.
- There are no hidden information, costs, commissions or fees or unfair competition.
- We are able to reach the store to verify information.
- If you exchange currency by paying or receiving cash under a certain threshold, you may not be required to provide Identification documents. In this case, we will collect some personal information in order for us to contact you if needed. Eastern & Allied reserves the right to request the Identification document in the event that we think we might need it. In any circumstances, the Transaction Request without Identification documents cannot be retrieved in the System.
C. Your rights to cancel the transaction and to access a refund
To the extent permitted by law or these Terms & Conditions, once
we have received your Transaction Request, you do not have the
automatic right to cancel it.
Notwithstanding this, E&A may, in its absolute discretion,
attempt to cancel your Transaction Request if you have informed us
that you wish to revoke it. In some cases, E&A may have already
initiated a request for funds to be paid out to your Receiver by its
service provider that cannot be reversed, and therefore cannot
guarantee cancellation will be successful. For successful reversals
E&A will normally refund your money, less any reasonable
reversal charges and any Cancellation Fee, within five (5) Business
Days or after receiving credit from the service providers. Once the
refund request is approved, we will process the refund on the same
day. Refunds will be credited back to the same bank account, card or
payment source that you used to pay for the transaction. You are
likely to receive funds within 1-3 business days depending on the
If you have any problems using the Services or are aware of any
unauthorised or incorrectly executed Transaction Request, contact us
through the channels listed at the end of these Terms &
Conditions without delay.
A request for a refund must be submitted to one of the contact
points listed at the end of these Terms & Conditions giving the
Customer's full name, address, and phone number, together with the
Transaction Request number, Transaction Amount and the reason for
your refund request.
If we have executed the Transaction Request in accordance with the
instructions you have provided to us, and either the information is
incorrect or the Transaction Request has been a result of a scam or
fraud where the Customer is a victim, we will make reasonable
efforts to recover the funds but we are not liable for the execution
of the Transaction Request. We may charge you a reasonable fee to
try to recover the funds.
Where E&A has executed the Transaction Request that was not in
accordance with the Transaction Request, E&A will refund the
full Total Amount paid to E&A. Unless there are exceptional
circumstances, no adjustment will be made for any currency
fluctuations that may have occurred between the time you pay us the
Total Amount and the time of the payment to the Receiver. Any
refunds will be credited back to the same Payment Method used to
fund the Transaction Request and in the same currency.
We do not accept change of mind cancellations for Transaction
Requests as the Exchange Rates are updated constantly. If you have
changed your mind following a Transaction Request and have purchased
currency from us, you can create another Transaction Request to sell
the currency back to us at applicable Exchange Rate. This also
applies to a Transaction Request and have sold currency to us.
For currency exchange: You would like to buy a currency from us and
pay for your order. However, you later wish to cancel and request
the refund due to the exchange rate movement. You are not entitled
to request the refund. Alternatively, you can dispose of the
currency that you just bought from us by selling them back to us
immediately at the market Sell rate.
D. Electronic Communications
You acknowledge that these Terms & Conditions shall be entered
into electronically or via acceptance of your signature and that the
following categories of information ("Communications") may be
provided by electronic means:
these Terms & Conditions and any amendments, modifications or
supplements to them;
your records (e.g. Transaction Requests) through the Services;
any initial, periodic or other disclosures or notices provided in
connection with the Services, including without limitation those
required by law;
any customer service communications, including without limitation
communications with respect to claims of error or unauthorised use
of the Services; and
- any other communication related to the Services or E&A.
You may withdraw your consent to receive Communications
electronically, but if you do, we will still be able to contact you
for the purposes of fulfilling your Transaction Request. In order to
withdraw your consent, you must contact us using our contact
information at the end of these Terms and Conditions.
In order to access and retain Communications, you must have or have
access to the following:
In addition, you must promptly update us with any change in your
email address by contacting us via email, phone or post. In
verification before we can update your registration profile.
an internet browser that supports 256 – bit such as Internet
Explorer version 9.0 or above;
an email account, email software capable of interfacing with
E&A email servers and the capability to read email from
E&A, and a device and internet connection capable of
supporting the foregoing; and
sufficient electronic storage capacity on your electronic device’s
hard drive or other data storage unit; or
a printer that is capable of printing from your browser and email
E. System Maintenance
We will inform you when our system is undergoing substantial
maintenance (at least 12 hours) which may cause the interruption to
access our online platform. However, we are not responsible to inform
you of our service provider’s system maintenance. If the service
provider’s systems are under maintenance, it will cause delays in
processing your order Request.
In addition to the service fees, we may charge you fees when accessing
some addition services:
|Providing transaction statements ||
$5 / statement
|Reprinting transaction receipts ||$1 / receipt|
Cancellation fee when the Transfer Request has not been executed
to the partner.
||$20 / cancellation request|
No waiver of a right or remedy under these Terms & Conditions is
effective unless in writing and signed by us and will not constitute
a waiver of any other right or remedy under, or condition of, the
contract between you and us.
The contract between you and us is governed by the laws of New South
Wales, Australia and the parties irrevocably and unconditionally
submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales,
The contract between you and us may not be modified except with the
written agreement of E&A. No local, general, or other trade
customs will be applied to alter the terms of the contract.
The consent of E&A to anything under these Terms &
Conditions may be withheld in E&A’s absolute discretion.
Any part of the Terms & Conditions, which is wholly or partially
void or unenforceable, is severed to the extent that it is void or
unenforceable. The validity or enforceability of the remainder of
the Terms & Conditions is not affected.
The Terms & Conditions constitute the entire agreement between
you and us with respect to its subject matter and supersedes all
prior communications and negotiations between you and us.
H. Changes to the Terms & Conditions
E&A may change these Terms & Conditions from time to time.
The version number and date of that version will appear on the
The version of the Terms and Conditions current at the date of a
Transaction Request will continue to apply notwithstanding any
variation made after that time.
I. Contact Us
For feedback and complaints, questions, notices and requests should be
sent to Eastern & Allied:
- In person at one of our branches
+61 (2) 8318 5977
By post to: Attn: Customer Service, Eastern & Allied Pty Ltd, 56
John Street, Cabramatta, NSW 2166, Australia
Last revised: 5 October 2021